Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Homemade Toothpaste


This is the best homemade toothpaste recipe that I have found. Easy to make and healthy for the whole family. There is no flouride and no glycerin. Plus it taste good.

Homemade Toothpaste

4 TSP Baking Soda

2 and a half TSP Coconut Oil

7 drops of spearmint, peppermint oil, or cinnamon oil. Just whichever you think that your family will like the best. I used spearmint oil in mine.

All that you do is add this to a blender, I use my magic bullet, and mix it together real good . Put into a jar or something that has a lid. USE! It is awesome. Cheap and very easy to make. Plus it is healthy. The number one thing about it, is that my Little Man loves it.

The Prepper's Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster

Ultimate Family Preparedness Pak

120 Serving Breakfast Only @ $198 (120 Servings breakfast assortment. No entrees) - Order Now!

5 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

My dentist told me to STOP using baking soda because it is so abrasive it will brush away the enamel. So, I did. I just thought I would mention it.

Bloggers said...

the coconut oil cuts the abrasivness.

Nick. said...

As a short term use or for SHTF scenarios this will work great. Toothpaste really is not needed as the physical act of brushing will be fine, but just take longer for the same effect. For normal everyday use, this would not be recommended. The oil will not breakdown the particle size of the Baking Soda enough to NOT cause premature enamel wear. Fear of Fluoride is overrated. In children who consume sugar drinks/ foods in moderate quantities Fluoride is definitely recommended to deter tooth decay. Just my 2 cents as a Dentist.

Joe said...

I never thought of making my own toothpaste or using coconut oil or peppermint. I do know you can brush with baking soda but it is an abrasive. It sounds like something to at least try out.

Randy B said...

The directions mention using a blender. Since coconut oil melts at 76 degrees F, why not warm the coconut oil to 77 degrees or so to liquefy it and mix all three ingredients without a blender?






Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to share more information and get closer to getting my family totally off-grid and on our own piece of land. This will let me share more and more information to allow , hopefully, for you to become more self-sufficient and able to become more prepared by reading my blog and purchasing items that I share with you that will help you. Thank you! :)